This is a wonderful vegan dish, low in carbs, high in protein and off the scale in delicious flavor! Whether you’re a vegetarian, vegan, or meat eater, this is a meal everyone will enjoy!
1 small tomato, cut into bite size pieces (as garnish)
1 ripe Avocado, cut into bite size pieced (as garnish)
Dash of Sea Salt
2 Tbsp coconut flakes
3 Tbsp water
Small bunch of Kale (4 good sized leaves, chopped)
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1/3 cup Doc’s Jamaican Jerk Sauce
1 green hot pepper, optional (I used a cowhorn pepper because they are not super hot, but you can use whatever pepper you like best)
3 green onions
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 pkg organic Tempeh (8oz)
- Cut Tempeh into ¾ inch cubes and put into a medium mixing bowl.
- Cover cubed Tempeh with the Doc’s Jamaican Jerk Sauce.
- Using kitchen scissors, dice the green onions over the sauce-covered Tempeh, mix well and refrigerate. Let the mixture marinate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan on medium heat.
- Add diced yellow onion to hot oil and saute until tender.
- Add the marinated Tempeh to the frying pan and mix well with the cooked onion.
- Saute the mixture for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally on medium heat.
- Add coconut flakes and stir.
- Add the Kale on top of the mixture.
- Add 3 Tbsp water over the Kale and cover.
- Turn heat to medium-low and let Kale steam, covered for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender, mixing occasionaly.
Serve on a plate with Avocado and uncooked diced Tomato as garnishes!