Our friend, Sean Kelly came up with this recipe and it is by far THE best dip you’ll ever have the pleasure of tasting! It seems too easy and basic to be true but don’t let its simplicity fool you, for lack of a better term, it’s perfect! Sean called us and said, “I just came up with a dip recipe using your Doc’s Jamaican Hot sauce and I’m driving to your house right now with the dip and some Wheat Thins. You have GOT to try this stuff!”
So here it is. And we’ll say the same thing to you that Sean said to us: You have GOT to try this stuff!
What you need:
- 1 red sweet pepper
- 1 yellow sweet pepper
- ½ Tbs olive oil
- dash of black pepper
- 1 stick of cream cheese (8 oz)
- 1 Tbs Doc’s Jamaican Hot Sauce
- ¼ tsp cayenne powder
- Cut red and yellow sweet peppers into length-wise slices (about ½ inch wide)
- In a medium size frying pan, add olive oil, sliced peppers and a dash of black pepper and saute the peppers until tender.
- In a food processor or blender add cream cheese, Doc’s Jamaican Hot Sauce and the cayenne powder and mix on a low setting until everything is smoothly blended.
- Add the sauteed peppers to the food processesor or blender after blending the cream cheese and other ingredients together then blend in the peppers in short spurts. *Don’t over-blend the peppers. You want to have chunks of pepper as a nice flavor burst when eating the dip.
*We serve this dip with Wheat Thins, which, in our opinion is a perfect taste combination!