These tasty Parmesan crusted chicken bites are a great Anytime snack! You can make these ahead of time and warm them up whenever the crowd is ready to munch.
Chicken & Marinade
- 4 Fresh Chicken Breasts
- ½ cup Canola Oil
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar (light)
- 1 pkg dry Ranch Dressing Mix
- 3 Tbsp Doc’s Jamaican Jerk Sauce
- 4 Tbsp Water
- Slice Chicken Breasts into sections about ½ inch wide x 1 inch long
- In a bowl, whisk Canola Oil, Ranch Dressing Mix, Brown Sugar, Water and Doc’s Jamaican Jerk Sauce (whisk until thick)
- Mix in and stir the sliced chicken until the chicken is equally coated, cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least 3 hours)
Breading & Frying
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 cups Canola Oil (for deep frying)
- Dash of Salt
- Mix Bread Crumbs and Parmesan Cheese together in a bowl.
- Add the marinated chicken slices a few at a time and cover each piece thoroughly with the breading mixture.
- Set breaded chicken pieces aside on a plate.
- In a small to medium size cooking pot, heat Canola oil to about 325 degrees.
- Deep fry breaded chicken a dozen pieces at a time. When they are golden brown, remove from hot oil and place on paper towel to drain.
- Repeat until all the chicken pieces are cooked and drained.
- Lightly salt fried chicken, then put all the cooked pieces in a large bowl.
Spicy Dipping Sauce:
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 4 Tbsp Doc’s Jamaican Hot Sauce
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter in the microwave (about 30 seconds on high).
- Add Doc’s Jamaican Hot Sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture over the cooked chicken pieces and carefully toss to spread the Wing Sauce evenly.
- Serve and enjoy!
*If you make these ahead of time, for best results it’s better to make the Spicy Sauce and toss the chicken bites in it just before serving. It’s also much better to reheat the bites in a toaster oven than a microwave.
To reheat: Place the chicken pieces 1 layer at a time on a toaster oven sheet and heat for 10 minutes on the “bake” setting at 350 degrees. When they are hot, put them in a bowl, toss them with the spicy sauce and serve immediately.
These breakfast burritos were inspired by leftovers from our Jamaican Pulled Pork (Ultimate Holiday Jamaican Pork Roast). We also make them with leftover Jerk chicken.
If you have any leftover Jerk Chicken or Jamaican Pulled Pork you will absolutely love these breakfast burritos!
The combination of small, sauteed sweet potato cubes, diced & pan-seared green peppers, loads of gooey melted cheese on top of scrambled eggs and topped off with our Jamaican Pulled Pork or grilled Jerk Chicken… and Jah-Mon, what a meal!
Ingredients:(makes 6-8 burritos)
- 4 large Eggs
- 4 oz shredded fiesta blend cheese (any combination of shredded Jack, Cheddar, Queso Quesadilla, Asadero, Mozzarella cheeses)
- ½ of a medium size bell pepper
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 Tblsp Doc’s MB Family Jamaican Jerk Sauce
- 3 Tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tblsp water
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups of leftover Jamaican Pulled Pork or Grilled Jerk Chicken (diced)
- 1 pkg of small soft taco shells
- Doc’s MB Family Jamaican Hot Sauce (optional)
- Prepare the jerk/sour cream sauce to apply to the soft taco shells – In a bowl, combine the sour cream and Doc’s Jamaican Jerk Sauce. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Heat your leftover Jamaican Pulled Pork or Jerk Chicken in a microwave oven (using a microwave safe container) or in a toaster oven (wrapped in aluminum foil or in a covered oven dish). Set aside.
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes and bell pepper (dice into ¼ inch to ½ inch blocks).
- Using a hot, dry skillet (I use cast iron) sear the diced bell pepper, (medium-high heat) stirring intermittently until the pepper cubes are slightly blackened and softened a bit. Remove peppers from pan and set aside on a dish of in a bowl.
- Using the same skillet, add 2 Tblsp of olive oil and then add the diced sweet potatoes after the oil gets hot. Saute the diced sweet potatoes until they are browned and softened (medium-high heat). Remove sweet potatoes from skillet and set aside with the seared peppers.
- Break eggs into a bowl, add 2 Tblsp of water, onion powder and sea salt. Whisk vigorously until well-blended.
- Using the same skillet, heat 1 Tblsp olive oil and then pour the egg mixture into the warmed skillet. Stir eggs with a spatula until they begin to thicken a little (medium heat), then add the cooked peppers and sweet potatoes. Stir constantly until the mixture thickens to the point that none of the egg is runny and then remove the pan from the stove.
- Add shredded cheese to the mixture in the skillet and put a lid over the top (cheese will melt).
- Remove 6 to 8 soft taco shells from the package and, using a spoon, spread a thin layer of the jerk/sour cream sauce on each shell.
- Using a spatula, divide the egg-mixture in the skillet into even portions (cheese will be melted and gooey) and put a portion on each shell (in a wide line in the middle of the shell). Add a small amount of pulled pork or Jerk Chicken on top of the egg mixture on each shell (If you are a hot sauce lover, add a dash of Doc’s Jamaican Hot sauce on top of the meat).
- Fold the shell anyway you like and ENJOY!
Back to Recipes