This traditional pasta dish with an Island twist is one of our all-time favorite ways to use our Doc’s Jamaican Jerk Sauce! Loaded with crisp, sweet, fresh summer veggies, this recipe pleases everyone as a side dish or a meal all on its own!
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Medium Zucchini Squash
- 1 Medium Yellow Squash
- 1 Medium Red Onion
- Fresh Asparagus Trimmed (about 20 stalks)
- 1 Bunch Broccoli
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 Cup milk
- 1/4 Cup Doc’s Jamaican Jerk Sauce
- 16 oz your favorite pasta. ( I recommend one with grooves or pockets like bowties so it holds the sauce).
- Salt to taste if needed
- Preheat oven to 450
- Roughly chop vegetables in large bite sized pieces, and spread out on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, salt and pepper evenly over the veggies.
- Drizzle olive oil over them and gently toss with hands until all vegetables are evenly coated.
- If you like your vegetables slightly undercooked, then roast for about 7-10 minutes, remove from oven and gently toss. Place them back in the oven for another 7-10 minutes. Check frequently until they reach the amount of doneness you prefer.
- Remove veggies from oven and place to the side side to cool.
- While the vegetables are roasting is a good time to start your pasta. Just follow the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking start assembling your primavera sauce.
Use a double boiler if you have one, and bring water to boil. If you do not have a double boiler, you can improvise with a pot of boiling water, and a metal bowl set inside. If neither is available, then simply use a medium size saucepan over low to medium heat.
- Melt 2T butter
- Add flour and whisk with butter until smooth.
- Whisk in the milk.
- Whisk in Doc’s Jamaican Jerk Sauce.
- Continue stirring/whisking until the sauce thickens. About 20 minutes. Salt to taste Add more Doc’s Jamaican Jerk Sauce to taste, or amp up the heat. and add a dash or two of Doc’s Jamaican Hot Sauce.
Putting it all together:
- Drain pasta and pour into a large shallow serving bowl.
- Pour half of the thickened Rasta Primavera Sauce over the pasta and toss well until all the pasta is covered.
- Add more sauce as needed.
- Add the roasted vegetables and toss.
- Garnish with chopped cherry tomatoes and freshly shredded parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. (For a complete meal, top with grilled chicken or shrimp)