For oyster lovers, this recipe is a wonderful and perfectly spiced Island taste treat using Doc’s Jamaican Hot Sauce.
- 2 to 3 dozen fresh oysters
- Doc’s Jamaican Hot Sauce
- 2 to 3 oz. grated Gruyere cheese
- 2 to 3 oz. Grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Pre-heat oven to broil setting
- Shuck oysters and put the meat and brine into a bowl.
- Discard the top half of the oyster shells and scrub the bottom half of the shells under cold running water.
- Arrange the cleaned half-shells on a large cookie sheet.
- Using a spoon, add about 1/8 tsp of the oyster brine into each half-shell.
- Bread each piece of oyster meat in seasoned bread crumbs and place 1 – 2 pieces in each half-shell.
- Add 1/8 tsp of Doc’s Jamaican Hot Sauce to each half shell.
- Add a pinch of Gruyere cheese and then a pinch Parmesan cheese to each half shell.
- Place the oyster cookie sheet on a rack about 6 inches from the heating elements in your pre-heated oven and bake for 9 minutes.