This mixing of cultures is definitely a mouth-watering Five-Star on the Yum-scale and has the benefit of being easy, fast and inexpensive to put together as a meal. In all truth, this is straight up Mexican food with one small detour: replacing the Salsa is our Doc’s Jamaican Hot Sauce. I know it doesn’t sound like much, but wait until you taste this. A more perfect union, I can’t imagine.
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 pkg Tostada shells
- 1 can (16 oz) Traditional Refried Beans
- 1 cup shredded Sharp Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Lettuce or Alfalfa Sprouts
- 6 tsp Doc’s Jamaican Hot Sauce
- Using a double-boiler sauce pan, heat up the Refried Beans and keep warm on the stove top.
- In a large frying pan, saute the ground beef, adding Garlic, Onion, Cumin, Paprika, Chili Powder, Black Pepper and Salt as it cooks.
- After beef and spices are thoroughly cooked together, reduce heat to low, drain most of the fat, cover and leave on the stove-top.
- Using one Tostada Shell at a time, with a spoon, add a layer of Refried Beans, then a layer of beef, then about 1 Tbsp of Shredded Cheese sprinkled evenly over the beef.
- Add some shredded Lettuce or Alfalfa Sprouts and then sprinkle on about 1 tsp ofDoc’s Jamaican Hot Sauce.