This Jamaican spiced Chutney adds a wonderful light citrus-like zing to the holidays (or any time of the year) and can be used as a garnish for chips, warmed or cold pita bread, and raw veggies.
This Chutney is also a fantastic game-changing cooking ingredient and topping for pork, chicken and fish, in the oven or on a grill! Or try it as a side addition with warm Coco Bread dipped in a sharp Cheddar cheese sauce. Yum!
- 14 oz can of Cranberry Sauce (with whole berries)
- 1 green Bell Pepper, diced
- 6 oz Raisins
- 8 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Doc’s Jamaican Jerk Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Doc’s Jamaican Hot Sauce
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp Orange Zest (grated orange peel)
- ½ tsp salt
- Dice green pepper and set aside.
- Put all remaining ingredients into a small cooking pot and slowly bring to a boil over medium head, stirring constantly.
- Be sure to not overcook the mixture; remove from heat as soon as it comes to a full boil and let it cool.
- When mixture is cool, add the diced pepper and mix thoroughly.
* Use with any kind of chip or pita bread wedges as well as a topping on baked chicken, pork or fish.