We are so excited to bring you this recipe! This is our new favorite way to cook (and eat) chicken thighs. Honestly, I can’t even begin to describe how delicious this dish is other than to say, with each savory bite it provides a light burst of multiple citrus-like tangy flavors mingled with the richness of the chicken thighs for a perfect balance of flavor, texture and satisfaction!
- 1 ½ cups Holiday Cranberry Chutney (see recipe for the chutney below)
- 6 to 8 tsp Doc’s Jamaican Jerk Sauce
- 6 to 8 chicken thighs
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Arrange the chicken thighs in a deep sided baking pan with a little space between each thigh.
- Pull the skin back on each thigh and apply 1 tsp of Doc’s Jamaican Jerk Sauce on the meat of each piece, then replace the skin to its original position.
- Sprinkle salt and garlic powder on the chicken thighs evenly.
- On the middle rack, bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 60 minutes (skin will be golden brown)
- Remove the chicken pan from the oven and drain off all but about 3 Tbsp of the fat (leaving chicken in the pan)
- Spoon about 2 to 3 Tbsp of the Cranberry Chutney on each piece of chicken, then sprinkle about 1 Tbsp of shredded coconut on top of the chutney on each piece of chicken.
- Return the pan with the chicken and toppings to 350 degree oven and bake for another 15 minutes