This recipe makes a lot of these tasty bites but it’s worth doing in a big batch. You can freeze the cooked bites in a freezer bag and heat them in a microwave a few at a time whenever you want an easy snack or meal. They are great for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a quick, delicious treat anytime you have company or need to bring a dish to a party.
- 3 cups Bisquick Mix
- ¾ cup Doc’s Jamaican Jerk Sauce
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder (or ¼ cup very finely chopped onion)
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder (or 2 sections of garlic clove, finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 lb Ground Pork
- 4 cups shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- In a large bowl, add Bisquick Mix, Doc’s Jamaican Jerk Sauce, Milk, Ground Pork, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt and the shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
- Using clean hands, kneed the ingredients until everything is evenly mixed.
- Roll mixture into small balls (about ½ the size of a golf ball) and place 1 inch apart on a parchment paper on a cookie sheet (if you don’t have parchment paper use an oiled cookie sheet).
- Bake at 325 degrees in a pre-heated oven for 25 minutes on the middle rack (every oven bakes a little differently so if you find the bottoms of the Bites are getting overdone, lower the temperature to 310 degrees and subtract 5 minutes from the cooking time).
Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup Apricot Jam
- 4 Tbsp Doc’s Jamaican Hot Sauce
- 4 Tbsp Brown Sugar (light)
- ¼ cup water
Mix all ingredients thouroughly in bowl