This delicious baked-dish recipe has comfort-food written all over it and comes with a warning: While this recipe is baking, the mouth-watering aroma wafting from your kitchen will drive your friends and family nuts!
- 6 to 10 chicken thighs
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 8 Tblsp Doc’s MB Family Jamaican Jerk Sauce
- 4 oz. whipped cream cheese
- 3 oz. sour cream
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh sweet basil
- 2 Tblsp balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees:Arrange chicken thighs in a large baking dish, skins up Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1 tsp garlic powder and ½ tsp salt Bake uncovered for 50 minutes on middle rack
Make the Jamaican Cream Cheese Sauce:While the chicken is baking: In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, Doc’s MB Family Jamaican Jerk Sauce, 1 tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp sea salt – mix thoroughly to a smooth consistency. Refrigerate.
Remove chicken from oven and reset oven temp to 350 degrees:
- After removing the baked chicken thighs from the oven, drain most of the fat from the baking dish, leaving 2 to 3 Tbsp. (For the sake of avoiding a mess, I transfer the chicken to a plate before draining and then return it to the baking dish after pouring off the fat)
- Sprinkle balsamic vinegar evenly over the chicken thighs
- Spoon the cream cheese/sour cream/etc mixture evenly over each chicken thigh
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh sweet basil
- Mix the shredded Monterrey Jack and Cheddar Cheeses together and sprinkle evenly
- Return chicken thighs to the oven and bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for another 20 to 30 minutes (or until the cheese turns a golden brown).
* If you are a rice lover, you can leave a little more fat in the dish and add a few cups of cooked rice before the last 20 minutes of baking: At the end of step 3, add the rice evenly around the chicken pieces after the chicken is coated with the sauce, basil and cheeses.